Thursday, September 6, 2007

Christ likeness part 2...

So as a kid and going thru school I was always told if you don't understand what the teacher is talking about don't be afraid to ask questions. God doesn't expect us to understand everything all at once thats why He tells us to grow in the word. And our responsibility as a listener is to keep pursuing, asking questions until we understand. Matthew 13:20~And when the seed feell on the rocky place this is the man who hears the word and recieves it with joy but yet has no firm root in himself and when trouble or problems arise he/she falls away...(paraphrased)
And so my next point is that when you are not on a solid ground it just crumbles apart like the man who built his house on the sand. Sand is not a good support system by itsself maybe by adding other materials to make it solid but not by itself. And thats when books and Pastors and friends come in. Those that have had more time growing can help us understand more,they can bring it down to laymans terms.
We also need to keep showing up being involved in our Church doing things that matter to God. Whatever we do don't quit, stick to it and look to our problems as blessings rather than a hinderence...James 1:2-4 says:"consider it all JOY when we encounter various trials and know that these trials tests our faith and produces endurance and let endurance have its perfect result...So that we can be perfect, complete and lack nothing"
I don't know about you but I want to be perfect as perfect as I can be in this world,which brings me to point 4. All the trials in our lives can bring us out of focus and thats the seed that fell among the thorns. We get sooo caught up in the mundane things in life that we start to let the worries of life choke our spiritual life to death. We are told to Seek first his kingdom which is I feel priority to God.
Its amazing how God reveals Himself at different roads in our lives or on a journey that we embark on but don't know where its gonna go. And this is where I am at now in my life...Im on a journey in another state away from my family and Church and I could just hear the word on Sunday and the rest of the week be a different person but its the knowing that whenever I am right with God and that I am obedient He blesses me.
Love
Wendy

No comments: