Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Being reminded...

I am constantly reminded how AWESOME my God is!!! Of how powerful He is and how perfect His strength is!!! I have been praying for a friend I work with and today we talked for 2 and a half hours while I was unpacking my stuff...I may add that I got a lot done today! Anyways while we were talking she was discussing how disobedient her boys are and how that every day they get a note sent home from their teachers and I don't have kids but I know from babysitting experience that kids don't like to sit and do nothing and she doesn't want to spank like she has in the past because One they are getting too big to hold down and 2 she feels terrible afterwards. So I mentioned that since they know how to write to have them sit at the dinner table and write 100 sentences for their disobedience and then take a privilege away for a period of time. She liked that so she is gonna try it out!! But then afterward is where the power of God steps in. She had been brought up going to Church and she stopped going and since she is a single mom of 3 kids(her daughter is a different story) but she keeps saying she wants one thing in her life that is stable. And she explained that she wanted to start going to Church again but she didn't want to go alone and I told her I would go with her if she wanted! So not this Sunday(she is taking her boys camping in a Teepee this weekend) we are gonna go to church together!!!

Now for the Strength part of God is just the mere fact that I just felt him carry me all day and that I just let him. He knew I was weak and I needed to just rest on him. I am reminded by a Song by Barlow Girl called "Never Alone"

I waited for you today, but you didnt show

I needed you today but where did you go

you told me to call said you'd be there

though I haven't seen you

Are you still there??

And I cried out with no reply

and I cannot feel you by my side

so I will hold tight to what I know

You are here and I am never alone

And though I cannot see You

and I cannot explain why

such a deep deep reassurance

You have placed in my life

we can't seperate

cuz You're a part of me

and though You're invisible

I will trust the useen

No comments: