Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving poem

I love poetry and sometimes write it too. But for some reason I couldn't find the words to put to paper. As the Holidays come this season I have a heavy heart! And so finding joy reading other peoples poetry has made me smile and reminisce the past years of happy togetherness. This was a poem I found on www.all poetry.com
Hope you enjoy it!
Blessed Harvest
Bountiful harvest we give thanks
Let families gather once more
Eat and converse round the table
Stuffing and roast turkey galore
Sisters brothers uncles and aunts
Everyone full of holiday cheer
Decanter of white wine mellow
Hearth and home we gather near
A room full of smiles and laughter
Reminiscing of what use to be
Vehement and lively discussions
Embracing the loved ones we see
Saying a prayer for our blessing
Thankful for friends and family
PS
Tomorrow will be my 100th blogg! Whoa nelly!! :)

No comments: