Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This and that!

So on Monday Chris and I went fishing with Sandy and Justin in the almighty Deschutes river! Oh it was sooooo much fun! Didn't catch anything but my sister! (will explain) But the day started at 4:30 for me. We all drive about 45 mins or so north of Crooked River Ranch to a campground called Trout Creek. The boys definetly had a silent mission...catch more than the other, where as Sandy and I just fished. We all kinda split up and I hung out with my little sis. I felt sooo happy that I was actually showing my little sister how to do something and guiding her as much as I could. Growing up this would have never happenend! I am soo blessed to have Sandy for my sister! God always seems to amaze me daily!
But anyways, Sandy and I found "the spot" not "THE spot" but our spot! The river was flowing and not so very deep and yet some how after your legs become numb you can still walk! We found a couple of rocks, Sandy's was a couple inches submerged in the river where mine was sticking out of the water. We both just said no worries about getting wet and fished! It would have been a classic picture of the two of us sittin in the water fishin!
After a while and 3 snags on each other we decided to go find the boys. I clipped our lines and tied some knots and got off my rock, and for some reason this sort of thing ALWAYS happens when you are sooooooo close to the shoreline; I fell in! I knew I was done for the day! And it felt really good because the sun was so HOT!!!!!
The next day at work I saw Sandy and she had racoon eyes and a red face! I did offer some sun screen but she declined! Maybe it was the big sister thing? I will never know~
Pictures soon to follow
Wendy

No comments: