Monday, April 9, 2007

Ode to my Sister(s)

This is to my baby sister(who is not really a baby anymore), best friend and everything else that is nice. Growing up we rarely said "I love you" to each other and as most siblings do they tend to not get along in their younger years. Which we did and didn't. We fought and sometimes had punching matches to see who's turn it was to do the dishes, it just was the way we did it. But now after all these years I look back and would never change this part of my life for the world, because it brought out who we truely were to each other then and more now than ever. Today we are the best of friends. We talk more than ever and we now say "I love you" OK I say " I love you" and she says "Uh huh". That is her way of expressing love. Sandy is my blood sister, and I would do anything for her...even Skydive...Yes I will be jumping out of a plane on July 29, 2007 with her and my 3 cousins and aunt and uncle. You only live once, but I never could say no to her to this day I still can't. She is a beautiful, smart hard working person I know who lives only an hour and ten mins away by a scary plane ride. When you are in her company she spoils you to pieces. I went and stayed with her for a week in January for her b-day and this was a very much needed vacation due to my stress level of my husband leaving. Oh did I need the retreat. We spent a lot of time talking and hanging out...Thats what a best friend is...my sis.
Now to my other Sisters...What a ministry you have been to me!!! I love you all!! After not being around for a period of time you still loved me as if I was never missing!!! I Praise and THANK God for you and those that I have made new friends with you are just as important too. Each of you have your own gifts and abilities and it is so encouraging to have some one to look to when you need a hug or someone to just get your thoughts out to. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!! So here you are Amy and Becky I wrote something...Tired but I accomplished!!! I love you two and thank you so much for your love and support and the words of wisdom that God has given you!!
W

1 comment:

God Made Playdough said...

I'm so glad you wrote! And I'm so glad you're my sister! I love you very much! Thank you for all you've been to me over the years!