Sunday, April 1, 2007

I am who I am

So to all who know me this is for you. My name is Wendy. I am married but at this moment in time sepperated from my husband. I will eventually get to that here in this new adventure but now I will start from the beginning!!!!
On a hot summer day in June I was born to George and Kay(my parents). Mom wasn't dialating while she was in labor so I was born by C-Section. As far as I know I was a quiet baby and kid growing up. Mom and Dad met when they were in 4H with each other showing rabbits. Mom was 12 and Dad was 16 and they have been together since. Dad grew up all over the west coast from Washington to San Fransisco, CA. Dad grew up in a loving family who did all they could to survive the hardships of life. Dad was the only child but loved from the day Gramma found out she was pregnant. Mom was born and put up fpr adoption and was adopted at 3 days old by Grandpa and Grandma Zylstra. She was brought home to a big brother and lived in Washington all her life....Fast Forward...Eventually Mom and Dad wanted another baby and thats when my best friend was born. Cassandra Lynn was born January 30, 1982, another C-Section for Mom. We grew up with our parents. They were young and had a lot to learn!!! Sandy and I never had the best of the best but we always knew we had the best thing life could and has ever offered LOVE!!!! We were loved by our parents, grandparents, great grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, Cousins, and family friends( I hope I got everyone). We never went with out dispite we weren't rich. We never really had the best of clothing. But we always were dressed. Sometimes we had only Mac and Cheese and that was dinner a lot of nights but at least we were fed. I really look back and thank God for allowing me to go thru these years to learn and I have very much so. I don't really remember my younger years but the only thing I do remember is being up at Lawson Mountain and asking Jesus to come into my life so that I can live forever. So then when I was 12 I was baptized and was headed to JR. high....WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! At 12 I also had my first boyfriend Jesse who I met at Church and then we broke up and really I don't remember how long we dated or why we broke up, just that he was my first boyfriend....now that I think of it we never even kissed! I went to Lakeridge Jr High in sumner Washington and in 7th grade I met another guy who was in the 8th grade at an afterschool dance. After the dance, Shawn(my boyfriend #2), his friends Mikey and Jerry all came to my house and we all went to the park down the street with my sister and her friends. That was the day I had my first kiss. Well the realationship ended after a couple weeks. I guess you could say I was a little heartbroken but I moved on...Obviously!!! :) It was also in Jr. High that I did something pretty stupid only because I was tired of having cold lunches that consisted of either tuna fish sandwhiches or PB& J's!!! Repititious.....YUCK!!!! So the stupid thing was that I had a friend, Wendy (nice name) that I hung out with after school a lot. I was at here house one day and saw that her parents had some blank checks laying out and so I took a book and wrote myself checks for hot lunches!!! $10.75 dollars later and good lunches I got caught!!! And it was serious because at this time my parents were always at the bar and never came home to see us and so asking for money for lunches was pointless. Also mom had started to hit me if I made her mad or didn't do my chores all the way or whatever. And they were always when she was drunk. Ok I do have to back up a few years, because mom and dad were so young grama and grampa C. took me on the weekends and brought me home after Church and continued when Sandy was born and because of them I have such a strong love for the Lord my creator. And for this reason I am forever indebted to them for showing me what a Christian is. They both had and have (Grampa passed away Nov. 2002) live a life the way God's word says to live and to this day I still have a lot to learn. Anyways I was caught stealing and in a way that I never want to relive again, but I was called out of class one day to go see the principal and there in his office was a Bonney Lake Police officer. The first thing out of the officer's mouth was the miranda rights...
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at government expense".
When that was read or told to me I cried not because I was guilty because I tried to pin this on some other person. I cried because if my mom found out I knew I was gonna get smacked around!!!! But the officer knew I did it he just had to put handcuffs on me and I confessed. So because my friend's parent's are Lawyers and work in the system I was able to do what is called a diversion which is basically paying for the crime for first timers by community service or something with out having to go to Juvie. But see nothing happened until almost a year later so for a whole year I thought they just took my sincere apology and fear that my mom was going to beat me and decided to forgive my wrong doings. Well Mr. mail man delivered a letter stating I had to go to this diversion and thats when I had to drop the bomb to my mom. She happened to be in bed all day probably because she was hung over from the night before and she didn't go to work so I went and woke her up which she wasn't to happy about and told her. And I am sure because she didn't want even the light on that she didn't have the energy to smack me around. Mom is a total different person sober and still is to this day!! So she said that I, Me had to tell my dad....UGH!!!! But eventually I went to my diversion and didn't have to do much but pay back the money I spent and promised to stay in Church because my walk with the Lord started to grow. But this is longer than I thought my first time would be I will continue
BECAUSE HE LIVES
Wendy

2 comments:

God Made Playdough said...

Yay! I'm excited about your new blog! I put your link on my blog! Love ya!

Jessica said...

I love you Wendy!!!