Thursday, October 30, 2008

Book review!!

So I have been reading some books! GOOD books! I just finished, well a couple of weeks ago, the book "The Secret Life of Bees"! I LOVED IT! First of all I didn't want to put it down and it was a fast read to take a person back in time and get lost for a day or two. It was about a young girl who lost her mom in a freak accident and yes I feel the way the mom died was a freak accident. But the young girl and her "nanny" skip town and the adventure begins. Lily finds a picture with writing on the back in the attic of a place and so she sets out and leaves her town. I was drawn in from the start and finished the book in no more than 8 hours! Lily(the main charactor) does not have a strong relationship with her dad and I felt like she was me, I don't have a strong relationship with my mom. I think that by reading it helped me deal with the issues I have with my mom. But other than that it was a great book! Grab hot chocolate and a blanket and just relax.

The new one I am reading is called "The Shack". It is written by a friend of the subject of the story. It is a true story based here in Oregon. And by the way things are going in the story the main charactor(Mack) is dealing with his walk with God and his lack of faith in him after loosing one of his children in a brutal kidnapping and murder. Mack returns to the crime scene 3 years later and has an experience that is amazing to read....Im not done but when I finish I will let you all know about it!

No comments: