Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Compassion

Tis the season to be jolly, to be happy to be loved!!! It's also a time to show compassion! I was reading thru Luke and came across a particular story that brought attention to me of simple compassion that Jesus bestowed on a widower. She was in a funeral procession for her one and only son!!! And Jesus came up to her and he felt compassion for her (Luke 7:13) And He told her not to cry! She just lost her son, her ONLY son and a man comes up to her and tells her to stop crying! That would just be hard for me to do a complete stranger to tell me to stop crying! I think I would have taken offense to that! But she doesn't retract Jesus' words! All Jesus did next was just touch the coffin and told the dead man to arise! Jesus showed that woman that He had compassion for her and that He loved her!
I feel that this is one way to see how God showed His compassion for us by giving up His one true love, His son! And then I think about all those that are close to me that don't know how compassionate our BEAUTIFUL our God really is! And how much I DON'T show them compassion by not sharing Gods compassion(how to use the same word 3 times in one sentance!!!)
Why should I be any different to be able to have this knowledge and hoard it all to my self??? I don't deserve it like everyone else does! This really convicted me with my walk! Going to Church is not ENOUGH!!! It's verbaly too! This is my life long resolution...new years resolution are so 5 mins ago...(thats for you Aim) ...It's to NOT keep God all to my self! I want to be able to know that I will see my loved ones and unknown ones in Heaven...My resolution is to keep the great commandment to Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature!!! My world right now reolves in Redmond, Oregon!
Luke 7:13~And when the Lord saw her He felt COMPASSION...

1 comment:

God Made Playdough said...

So 5 minutes ago! :)
Great post! Love you!