Friday, August 15, 2008

The Olympics

I am soooo addicted to the Olympics and everything about them! No I don't miss work or Church or things I need to do in the day just to watch them. But I am amazed of how much these athletes do! I was watching "Today" and they were talking about how much Michael Phelps eats for breakfast...like 2000 calories in one sitting. Thats more than I am supose to eat in a day acording to my doctors. They need all that for just pure burnable energy!
I sit in awe when I see the gymnastics events and am just amazed how these people can just twist and turn in ways I can't and probably will never get the chance to do. I see how most of these athletes become role models for our younger generation and maybe the older ones as well.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I totally agree with you about atheletes being role models, however I must protest against the olympics, especially them being in China, a communist county...aren't they supposed to be against capitalism? and they displaced thousands of chinese to build the arena and I doubt they were fairly compensated. And to top it off the chinese had the gall to have a little girl lip sync because the girl that was singing wasn't "pretty" enough. I hope america kicks chinas ass in all events but won't support the olympics for allowing china to do what they did!