Thursday, August 7, 2008

Coffee Talk...

So today Im just gonna ramble. I woke to the sounds of ground shaking loud thunder and my dog licking my face profusely! So I got up and made some coffee and sat in the living room with a family friend and watched the lightning and chatted. I had a great day yesterday...an unplanned GREAT day! Chris and I were doing our monthly chore of cans(here in Oregon you can recycle and get 5 cents per can)(good gas money) and got a phone call from his mom. She wanted to know where we were at and asked us if we could meet her at Fred Meyers and since it was Bobs bday(Chris' stepdad who is also called poppa) and we were cooking dinner for him we thought she wanted us to help shop....Well when we got there she had already did the shopping and she leaned over to whisper in Chris' ear and then told me to go get my engagement ring. So I finally got my ring !!! I have never been soooooooo excited and I just felt like now it is for real! I read a quote that said "Don't marry someone you can live with, marry someone you can't live with out!"
I have truely found that someone!!!! I know I have said this about Jason but I was young and rebelling and was just trying to escape. I moved here to Oregon to get a fresh new start on life and had no intentions of staying here longer than 3 or 4 months. After realizing that I felt healthy and HAPPY being here I decided to stay for a longer period of time. So I moved my stuff and myself to my cousins in Powell Butte and lived there for a little bit and was hanging out fishing and walking the dogs with my neighbor Chris. We became good friends and learned more and more about each other and found we have a lot in common and that we have the same goal of simplicity. We then started to fall for each other and again I HAD MY GUARDS UP REALLY HIGH!!!! I was a little brat sometimes as he was too at times! But once we sat down and discussed how we felt, we released the walls and became closer than ever. We both have a strong LOVE for the Lord more and more each day and we both are learning together.
I Truely with out a doubt believe that God gives us things and conflicts and hurdles to make us stronger but also to bring us back to him. Im praising God daily for my tribulations and my many Joys!
Wendy

No comments: